Mobile App for Real Estate Agents Case Study
Research and usability testing found that the Trulia App for Agents was not meeting the needs of Real Estate Agents around efficiency and speed. We were challenged to re-design the app to address these issues.
• Agents think of Leads as people or contacts, rather than an Inbox message.
• Agents would find Lead Insight (a Trulia product) valuable information if it appeared in their inbox.
• Agents would like to organize their leads by category or status.
• If agents could see how long ago a lead came in they would respond more quickly.
• Agents would like to add personal information about their leads.
• Agents would like to have all their communication with a lead in one place.
UX Exploration: I brainstormed UI ideas with the team and I created a set of wireframes that was validated by the research team based on previous Agent research. I then created prototypes from wireframes for user testing.
Once the research team validated wireframes, we did two rounds of usability testing. Sample test questions:
• Can users respond to a new lead?
• Can users edit contact/lead information?
• Do users understand the inbox filtering options?
• Do users understand the star option in the inbox?
• Do users discover the urgency/insights information?
Round 1 Prototype
Round 2 Prototype
User testing findings that directly impacted UX design decisions:
• The ability to add private notes to contact detail was very important to agents, so feature was incorporated.
• Status, filters, and tags are only useful to agents if they are customizable. So we opted to include only the Star functionality.
• Agents liked the idea of having all communication in one area. To address this, when an agent viewed a lead message, they could see their whole conversation history with the person who sent it. We made it easy for agents to to take action right from the message.